Welcome to Croftlands Cottages
** FOX HOWE – ONE WEEK LEFT IN OCTOBER – PRICE REDUCED **
Croftlands Cottages are two family owned and run self-catering cottages in the Northern Lake District National Park. They are located in the village of Thornthwaite not far from Derwentwater and the popular market town of Keswick. Both cottages are dog friendly.
Squirrel cottage - sleeps 2
Fox Howe cottage - sleeps 4 (a single storey, ground floor level cottage)
The cottages are not interlinked internally but are next door to each other and can be rented out together for a party of up to six people.
- Log burning stoves
- All bedrooms en-suite
- Private off road parking beside the cottages
- Patio areas
- Secure bike storage
- Free WiFi
Each cottage has a selection of guide books, maps and lots of information leaflets on local attractions and activities. A hosepipe is available in the car park for muddy boots, bikes and dogs.
- At the base of Whinlatter Forest Park - walking and mountain biking from the door with spectacular views of Skiddaw
- Art gallery and teashop in the village
- Next nearest village - Braithwaite (1 mile) - 3 pubs and a village shop
- Nearest town - Keswick on the shores of Derwentwater (3 miles) - full range of amenities including outdoor shops, art galleries, a museum, cinema, theatre and a wide selection of restaurants, pubs and cafés
- Walking distance (20 min) - Bassenthwaite lakeside
- A short drive - the beautiful valleys of Borrowdale and Newlands. The mountain passes of Honister, Newlands and Whinlatter leading over to Buttermere
- A 30 min drive - the popular Lake District destinations of Grasmere and Ullswater
- Buses to Keswick (service X5) pass through Thornthwaite
We live next door and are on hand if needed to answer any questions that you might have during your stay. We also know the area very well and can advise on some great days out.
We look forward to welcoming you.